The time it never stopped raining…

by Susan on January 15, 2013

Dear Whomever;

Enough with the rain already! We are all just exhausted from being wet and cold all the time.

I don’t know if you can see that tiny strip of dry gravel next to the barn, but that’s where the chickens are attempting to huddle. Ever heard that expression “Madder than a wet hen”? It’s a fact, y’all. These chickens are ticked the hell off.

The sheep and goats have spent the whole week perfecting their pathetic baas. Apparently that’s a better use of their time than just, you know, going into the barn and drying off.

Cini, the elder statesman of the farm doesn’t believe in suffering in the rain for no good reason.

Lucy and Gnocchi have gone full mud puppy, though.

Only the ducks seem to be happy with this grim and dreary weather.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an ark to build.

1 Patty January 15, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I love this – hilarious! If you build an ark, I hope you can take them all and not just 2 of each kind – they are all too cute to leave behind :)

Patty

2 Amy January 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I just have one thing to say about this post:
WORD.

3 jamie January 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Funny~ Love the photo’s~

4 Denise January 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Did the cow stop shrieking?

5 Jeanie January 15, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Love to all of you and please leave room for me on the ark!

6 Diane Shepherd-in-the-Making January 15, 2013 at 6:40 pm

oh, pooh! Having been there a few times now I can safely say it does looks wet! And I thought it was rough here with 34 degrees temps at night – how ARE those honeybees gonna make it? Heck! This is SOUTHERN California. 53 degrees INside the house when I woke up 2day. The Feline Four Minus One look at me & plead for the heat “just to take the chill off, mom….” but I tell them to wrap another scarf over their ears & go back to cat naps.

Gam Zeh Ya’avor: this too shall pass

7 Carol S GIBBS January 15, 2013 at 6:43 pm

This is so funny! Are you going to take real elephants (not a wanna be in a cow suit) on the ark?

8 Chickadeeworkshop January 15, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I hear ya! Same thing here (Eastern Shore of MD) and we were supposed to have had a beautiful, sunny and mild two days last weekend, which totally turned out to be cloudy, foggy and 10 degrees cooler than predicted. That’s pretty far off on the forecasting and then it turned into this dreary MESS. I think we have one more day to go and then it’s sunny but cooler.

9 fran January 15, 2013 at 10:44 pm

if you have to build an ark, maybe you should order some semen for Luna, ‘eh???

10 Erin January 16, 2013 at 6:23 am

Well, it looks like the rain will stop tomorrow…to make way for the sleet and/or snow.

11 Mary January 16, 2013 at 9:02 am

Oh. Those poor babies. Cini looks the only smart one of the bunch!

12 Kay January 16, 2013 at 10:19 am

My husband used to say, “Even a chicken has enough sense to come in out of the rain.” Maybe not the mad ones. ;)

13 Alexis January 16, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Ugh I feel your pain! I’m up in the mountains and now all that rain is starting to turn into very heavy ice on my trees… Not excited. Love mad hens and happy ducks though. :)