UPDATE: It’s here!

by Susan on November 21, 2012

Spots in The Shepherd and The Shearer are now available! Thank you so much for your overwhelming support of this project. The response has been fantastic!

We had a little hiccup with the shop software but should be back on track now. Sorry about that. You may need to refresh your page when in the shop but it should work.

1 Elysa November 21, 2012 at 10:45 am

Can’t wait to buy it, but check out’s not working because the size selection isn’t working.

2 Jacqui D. November 21, 2012 at 10:46 am

Seems to be an error on the order pg. I can choose a gender, but the size button is not highlighted and will not allow me to use it. Anyone else having this issue???

3 Christina November 21, 2012 at 11:04 am

Yeah! I’ve got mine (couldn’t wait for Santa). Can’t wait to watch this unfold over the next 10 months.

4 Jacqui D. November 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

Okay, got the order through fine, the important thing, but the size and gender buttons are now missing entirely, so I did not enter one…..just put it through. Figured that would be easy to correct, rather than miss the opportunity to purchase! Very excited!

5 Fran November 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

I got mine (ordered) too!! Had some issues w/ paypal and trying to return to complete my order, when I went back to the check out page, the image was too large for my computer and I couldn’t get to the check out button. Solution – DO OVER and now I have an order number!!! Looking forward to watching my yarn and book come about… How many fleece will this involve? And I am definately interested in ordering the yarn for a second sweater if that comes about, just so ya know!! Thanks! (I am sure we will not know all the names of all the sheep who contribute their fleeces but if we did, we could all name our sweaters after one of the sheep!! haha)

6 Carol Seitz November 21, 2012 at 11:20 am

Just put through my order. I am thrilled at the idea behind this project and look forward to following its progress through the next months.

7 Ann November 21, 2012 at 11:46 am

Got mine! Yippee! No glitches for me, after JMF website finished hiccupping. This will be fascinating from start to finish — can’t wait. :) I’m sure the blog will keep us posted as things progress. What a fun project & a GREAT idea all around.

8 Ashley E November 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Have placed my order! This project may be well beyond my skill level (though I’ll be practicing till September), so I’m looking forward to the Ravelry group. Kudos to the shepherds, shearers, and designers for putting this project together.

9 Carla November 21, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Got my order placed!

10 Ashley E November 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

The “pin it” button on this page only brings up photos of the By Hand issue and the Juniper Moon Farm tote bag. As I’m reluctant to pin things that don’t have the “pin it” button attached, may I recommend that you put a “pin it” button with the Shepherd and Shearers logo (I’d pick the Charlie’s Angels logo) and the picture of you in your sweater?

11 Elaine November 22, 2012 at 5:59 am

I ordered mine yesterday through Paypal. There was no mention of size or anything else. Did I miss something or will we fill in this information later?
Thanks.

12 Susan November 22, 2012 at 9:41 am

Elaine, once we have the patterns in hand, we’ll be able to be more specific on sizing. We’ll send out an email.