Probably something you would like…

by Susan on February 4, 2012

A Cabin in Brooklyn This is such a cool idea.

Cupwow turns any canning jar in to a sippy cup, er, I mean a travel mug.

Ever wondered what a $24,000 doll house looks like? Stunning, but I know people who’ve paid less than this for their real house.

Make your own snow! Seriously, y’all. This may be the only way you get to see any this winter. (via NotMartha.com)

How sweet is this pillow cover?

I love all the fabric by Scarlet Fig, but this Sluggy Bonnet fabric may take the cake! (Okay, she calls it “Flapdoddle Hats” but it’s Sluggy Bonnets to me.)

I’m not in the market for a wedding cake topper but this one is certainly handsome.

I suspect I have foxes on the brain but I really like this journal as well.

Tutorial: Applying fabric to furniture.

Tutorial: Make a solar powered chicken coop. Or just, you know, open the door for them in the morning.

How lucky are the people who live in Detroit near Detroit  Garden Works?

I may be jet laggy, but this made me laugh like a maniac.

Tutorial: How to teach children to knit.

Tutorial: Making Cork Stamps. I have about a million corks I’ve been saving for years.So doing this when I get home.

Tutorial: I love this braided scarf and it’s actually pretty easy to make. (Don’t let the wordiness of the tutorial put you off.)

This bag is so cool; it’s designed so that when it’s picked up, it closes. You can buy it here or make it yourself.

Love this be-scarfed goat so!

What is making you smile this week? Share it with us!

1 Nancy February 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

I knew there was a reason I saved all those corks, now to get to work.

2 Lesley February 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm

OK Go and Sesame Street have teamed up to teach kids about primary colours in a new song/video. Its pretty fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yu44JRTIxSQ#!

3 Sheila B. February 4, 2012 at 5:46 pm

SG: You are a gifted curator! Thanks for these, ~Sheila B.

4 Maria February 5, 2012 at 5:47 am

Love all of these! But the link for the goat is wrong and he’s so cute that I must know more.

5 Susan February 5, 2012 at 6:08 am

All fixed!

6 Jan (jcoop on ravelry & twitter) February 5, 2012 at 10:13 am

That cuppow is bound to launch a thousand canning jar cozies from knitters!

7 Amanda February 5, 2012 at 10:30 am

Of course! A knitted cosy would make that perfect… somehow I was thinking, yes, but it would be too hot for tea… What’s got me excited this week is a site called Eat Your Books… and it’s mostly being reintroduced to things I already own and like! It has an ingredient index for the cookbooks you already own, which you can combine with favorite online recipes, so I can rediscover recipes I love and had forgotten about in this age when I’m more likely to google ingredients than search through book indexes! (I have no affiliation with the website, I just think it’s nifty and have spent way too much time on it– and cooking from it– since discovering it this week!)

8 fran February 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm

too many cool things. thanks…

9 Joelle February 6, 2012 at 6:36 am

Fabric on furniture link is missing…too bad, I need to recover some chairs!

10 Susan February 6, 2012 at 7:05 am

Oops! I put it in for you.

11 Erin February 6, 2012 at 9:44 am

When I had chickens, I really wanted to make an automatic coop door opener. I could care less if it was solar powered, I just wanted a mechanism to open the door when the sun came up, and close it after sundown. I’m not too lazy to do it myself, but when I was out of town I couldn’t see asking a friend to come by twice a day at the necessary times, so the coop would just be left open around the clock. Still, not sure if it would be worth the trouble, except in a situation where a secure coop is their only defense from predators.