Probably something you would like…

by Susan on February 16, 2011

Make your own Creme Fraiche: this is ridiculously easy and especially great for those of us who live in backwards little towns where things like creme fraiche and capers are as rare as fast internet access and good sushi.

Is it just me? Or are there waaaaay better toys and stuff today than there were when I was little? I would have LOVED this teepee when I was a kid. Hell, I’d love one now!

I don’t know Lillian Rudd, but she has the absolute greatest flickr favorites photostream I have ever seen. I’ve spent hours pouring over these pics.

I’m kind of digging this Charro print.

I still really want this watch.

I’m not a big jewelry gal but this little fox ring is charming.

It’s funny cause it’s true.

Again, not big on jewelry, but how cute are these pinwheel earrings?

Swooning over these cow tea towels.

Love these Sorrel boots. So cute.

Better whipped cream from your food processor. As if whipped cream isn’t already perfect.

I love everything at Basic French, especially these sneakers.

I ask you, how cute is this fortune cookie change purse?

These bags are so lovely and so insanely over-priced.

I am weirdly obsessed with cream pitchers and these are so sweet.

NYC Subway Map quilt.

Easy peasy make-it-yourself birthday candles. I love this idea.

I am coveting all these farm animal breed coffee mugs.

Such a fantastic idea! Use magnetic knife racks to store Hot Wheels cars. Brilliant.

Mom, this is how twitter works.

If this isn’t the world’s greatest first-aid kit, it’s not for lack of trying.

Two cool ways to use up the “yarn of regret”.

Love everything at LetterboxCo.

How to tie your hair in a messy bun. Almost makes me wish I had long hair.

Pumpkin Spice cookies. Cause winter isn’t over yet.

Homemade goldfish crackers. If your goldfish happen to be triangular. I’m making these this weekend.

Custom paper silhouette tutorial.

Mmm…Pecan Tasties. Don’t these look delicious and easy, Amy? I bet you could whip ‘em up in know time at all, like, this weekend?

Or maybe this Shaker Lemon Pie? Totally up to you, Sugar. You just make whatever kind of pie makes you happy, then bring it to my house.

Dear Lord, how I love this rug!

How to grow 100 pounds of potatoes in four square square feet. [via the amazing Suzy]

Anthropomorphic Stitchery. Love!

I adore this hand-embroidered cuckcoo clock. Make your own with this tutorial.

Fashion designer Frankie Morello “unfinished knits” [via Hilary, who always finds cool stuff]

I could go on and on but that’s enough for today. What’s rockin’ your world this week? Share your links in the comments section.

1 Gail February 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm

In some parts of the south, you could be considered a blasphemer for saying “pecan tasTies” instead of “pecan tasSies.” Apparently, tassie refers to jewelry fittings shaped similar to the little pecan desserts. I’m not sure when it evolved into tastie instead, but I think either name fits. I haven’t had them since I was a little girl, so I’ll have to check out that recipe!

2 Anna February 16, 2011 at 5:26 pm

LOVE the cow towel…my brothers needed those magnetic strips for their 3 full Matchbox Brief cases…and I am SO making those crackers!!!

3 Amy Karasz February 16, 2011 at 6:08 pm

That Shaker Lemon Pie certainly is looking mighty tasty……

4 Jenny February 16, 2011 at 6:34 pm

PSYWL time is my favorite time. Dear Amy, please make sure there is a slice left for me!

5 JacobsReward February 16, 2011 at 6:57 pm

SHEEP MUG. OUT OF STOCK. GAAAAHHH! Did you get the last one, Susie?

6 Rosemary February 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

No links to share, but I am also a cream pitcher fanatic…and I don’t even really use cream in my coffee or tea!

7 White Feather aka Chickadeeworkshop February 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm

OMG, goldfish crackers and pecan tasties and lemon pie!!! and…and…what!?!? $84 for a #$%^$#& linen tote? Please promise me you won’t really spend that much on a simple tote bag, unless it’s made of real silk with real gold threads or something. Sheesh.

8 Susan February 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Oh my Bob, NO! I am very into bags but also kind of on the cheap side. I do love them but they are not for me.

9 Margaret February 16, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Love the potato box…I want a couple

10 Anne February 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I want the mugs…all three of them!

11 brianne February 16, 2011 at 11:33 pm

i’m pretty much obsessed with all of this weeks picks! ESPECIALLY that potato growing trick, we are SO trying that this spring. Also, that rug, needle felted balls will never cease to intrigue…

12 Blendab1 February 17, 2011 at 10:13 am

Those Pecan Tasties are worth the effort, my family adores them!!

13 Maureen February 17, 2011 at 10:59 am

I love, love, love the phrase “the yarn of regret.”

14 Christina February 17, 2011 at 11:21 am

This is pretty cool. http://crochetcoralreef.org/index.php. Some people are so creative!

15 Rachael February 17, 2011 at 11:54 am

Yay! More awesome links! But boo to the sheep mug being sold out!

16 Mary F February 17, 2011 at 11:55 am

My comment on that last scarf..”You’ll poke your eye out!!!!

17 Regina February 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Hmmmm, want the sheep mug – gonna try and make some of my own bags like that with my screen printing stuff…and now I’m totally hungry! Still hung up on the cute little lamb butt from the voting page – showed my school kids “the cutest butt ever” – they think I’m nuts.

18 mixette February 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I found these anthropomorphic altered-art vintage plates (wow: mouthful!) on etsy last night and love love love:

I’m totally going to try that messy yarn bun!

19 Blendab1 February 18, 2011 at 10:32 am

Life is sure funny…I read PSYWL yesterday and doesn’t my son come home from work last night and say he is craving Goldfish crackers!
Susan you came to the rescue with your recipe posting and they are GREAT!! I added some salt to a few and they tasted just like Cheeze-its!!