Probably something you would like…

by Susan on March 4, 2010

If I ever win the lottery, I’m going to hire my friend Champagne to redecorate my whole life- house, wardrobe, everything. I know I’ve linked to Crush Party before, but this blog never ceases to amaze me. Champagne just has exquisite taste. Checking Crush Party for new posts is one of the first things I do in the morning.

I’ve been trying to decide on a color to paint my beehives and I found it on Crush Party. Isn’t this blue just lovely?

I could go on and on and on about the great stuff I’ve found over there, but I’ll let you discover it yourself. Scrolling through the site is half the fun.

I’m a little hesitant to post a link to Tongue in Cheek Antiques, because the things I want are already always sold before I get there, and I don’t need the competition. But it wouldn’t be right to keep this much amazing to myself (BTW, this is another Crush Party find.) Corey Amaro lives in Paris and has spent the last 20 years scouring the Brocante (weekend antique markets) for  precious little objects. She sells many of these on here site, updated frequently, but because everything is one-of-a-kind, you pretty much have to be there when she updates. All prices include shipping to anywhere in the world, and most of the things are small and inexpensive-ish. I especially love the vintage tea towels and other linens, but they are sold at the speed of light. Spend some time poking around over there and you too will begin stalking her site at all hours of the night and day.

This article about the controversy over babies in bars in Brooklyn made me laugh. It’s so Brooklyn somehow.

I am always on the lookout for great new blogs and I was thrilled to read Sustainable Suburbanite. The photography is amazing- AMAZING- and the fact that Kim has been hiding her light under a bushel is just so humble and sweet. I read the entire blog in one sitting and I bet you’ll do the same.

These Paper Cut Rolls knock. me. out. (This one’s for you, Jenny my love.)

Did everyone already see the article about Ysolda Teague in The Times? Lovely article about a super-talented designer and, I think, very positive for knitting generally.

I can’t remember which of you precious people sent me this link, but I am so glad you did. Close up shots of illustrations from a 1955 version of Mary Had a Little Lamb. Just wonderful.

I don’t need a barcode but these vanity barcode make me want one. Wonder if they could do a sheep?

As a child I loved tiny things, the smaller the better. So Little People, a tiny street art project, nearly killed me. The artist hand makes these itty bitty scenes and leaves them all over London on the streets to “fend for themselves”. The scale is just amazing to me.

I love this project so much that I really wanted to support the artist so I bought his book.

I want to move into Terrain. It’s just the most fabulous shop, full of so many fabulous things. Like this book. And this honey. And these glasses.

I would like to live in shirtdresses like this one this summer.

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie recipe.

Love these coaster from Sesame Letterpress.

Stacked book wallpaper at Anthropologie.

A Friend of the Farm (FoF) recently honored me by telling me she wants to have her wedding at Juniper Moon Farm. I was so taken with the idea that I’ve been obsessively looking at wedding sites ever since. Here are some cool ideas that I love:

Leave it to Martha to think of putting lollipops in champagne. Beautiful and yummy.

Beautiful barn wedding at Once Wed. I love that they embraced the rain.

Lauren and Zack’s Wedding at Our Labor of Love is just perfect.

Another beautiful farm wedding, this one on Cape Cod. The photography, the decorations, it’s a just perfect.

There are a million ideas I will be stealing from this backyard wedding (also from Once Wed.)

Sorry for the mammoth post, but I needed to clear out my PSYWL folder. If you aren’t exhausted, feel free to share your favorite things in the comments.

1 Elana March 4, 2010 at 12:00 pm

So glad you liked the Mary Had A Little Lamb post. I’ve loved Salley Mavor’s stuff since I was a kid, and I have my mom’s pins that she made…should take pics for you, you’d squee.

2 Jen aka Jellenp March 4, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I saw that blue on Crush Party and freaked. Sometimes it is hard to love blue because it is used so often, but this shade is literally a breath of fresh air.

3 Jen aka Jellenp March 4, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Promise I won’t comment hog, but as per your love of miniatures, check out one of my Etsy favorites (I own three of her photos and love them):

4 Mich March 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Awesome post! Love so much of the stuff!

Sadly it looks like I have that stacked book wallpaper already. i have a feeling if I did really get the wallpaper I’d lose my books till I tripped on them!

And I adore that little people site! Totally buying his book (and any others if he puts more out) in my next round of textbook buying.

5 Lisa Stockebrand (aka. lasdcm) March 4, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Carrot Cake Woopie Pies – be still my heart-

funny? gross? you decide:
http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_cplb_chicken-poop-lip-balm.htm it’s on sale!

6 Dan March 4, 2010 at 2:40 pm

You can take any barcode and cut out any shape you want as long as it has a solid consecutive stripe of the real data through the middle. It’d be a pretty simple matter in photoshop, actually.

7 Colleen Humphreys March 4, 2010 at 3:13 pm

The woman who did Wee Folk is a friend of my doctor’s…and she general has one of her shadow box originals on display in her office (her friend swaps them around sometimes), so I’ve seen some of creations she photographs for her books. The Red Chair, with the nusing baby is my favorite.

8 Dragan March 4, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I LOVE barcodes – my roommate and I had “personalized” barcodes for our door labels our sophomore year and I wish I’d kept better track of where we made them from!

I *just* got a shirt dress and love it too! I got it a bit bigger than I need so I can layer under it for cooler days and it won’t be too clingy in the Summer.

I’m now going to go drool over all the beautiful wedding stuff you posted! Bye!

9 turtle March 4, 2010 at 5:29 pm

lovely lovelies! Hey, that blue is the color of my bathroom (and i used it as accents in my spa room) it’s called Ice Blue

10 Jennifer King March 4, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Omg! The barn wedding makes me want to do it all over again (with the same guy of course :-) Seriously Susie, carrot cake whoopie pies? Now, that’s just mean….I’m on a diet! Hugs, Jen

11 Adelaide March 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I don’t know how you do it. Time after time, you come up with the best stuff! A wedding at the farm is a fabulous idea.

12 JacobsReward March 4, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Just had a friend on FB share this link. I love old architecture that’s left intact enough to recognize:

13 Nancy March 4, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I think you should rename these posts “Definitely Something You Would Like.” Just saying.

14 MJ Moriarty March 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm
15 Champagne Maker March 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Gosh, I’m blushing! (In the dark with my husband SNORING beside me and my laptop blazing.) I’m almost embarrassed to take credit for CrushParty! My only skill is right clicking, copying and pasting… I do think I need a 12 step program for this habit though…man it’s addicting! I did want the farm followers to notice that JMF is featured quite often and can’t be matched in the sheep photo category! You are mighty kind to let me gussy up my blog with your photos as most of my followers seem to come from Ravelry and Stitch Poet stuff. I also often snitch from Susie’s PSYWL post too! Birds fo a feather! (I have a bit of a sleeping problem myself, but I think it is related to Jeff’s nose, but it sounds like he doesn’t have one!) Thank you for all your kind words about the Party and know that nothing makes me happier than to know you’re following! Also, I’ve got a box here that’s collecting stuff for you. I’m going to HAVE to come up for a visit this summer! Oh, and the barcode is KILLING me! Clicking it to Crush ASAP! XOXOVVV hugs and stitches! Champ

16 Emily Dee March 6, 2010 at 11:40 am

Don’t ever apologize for long PSYWL posts! They constantly delight me, and provide entertainment on long and boring days.

{ 1 trackback }