Birthday, the aftermath

by Susan on May 4, 2009

Thanks so much for all the  birthday wishes last week. I had an incredible birthday. Beyond incredible. It was flomberstonishing.  (It was so good I had to make up a new word to describe it, see.)

First of all I had a lovely surprise when several dear friends showed up with a cake, balloons, flowers and a gift from my ravelry group. It truly was a surprise; I had no make up on and my house was in a shambles. But it was so nice to see all the lovely people who had taken time out of their day and even took the day off to come make my day special.

Even more surprising was the gift my friends brought me. Here’s the note that was in the card:

card-insertWhat does one say when gifted with 162 bales of hay? First of all, I couldn’t have been happier with 162 diamonds. This gift, which must have taken weeks to put together, was so beautiful that I am left utterly speechless. Thank you. THANK ALL OF YOU.  You are amazing! I am the luckiest person I know to have such thoughtful friends.

picture-7

1 Leslie from California May 4, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Wow, what a gift! Those friends of yours really love you and what you do, you my dear, are very rich indeed.

2 Jennifer May 4, 2009 at 4:55 pm

That is like the most amazing gift ever. I am awed by the love the Fiber Farm inspires. Its good to remember that there is so much good will still out there!

3 April (ajdury on ravelry) May 4, 2009 at 6:14 pm

It’s just (more) proof that you inspire people and have really created something that has touched so many.

And only at 39! Imagine what’s to come at 49 and 59!

4 Suzy May 4, 2009 at 6:15 pm

It was so much fun to get this together…scrambling on the internet! Yes, the fiber farm does inspire, it’s funny how much it brought together a bunch of us who before this only had the fiber crafts in common and now many of us feel like we have been friends forever with each other and with Susie and Erin and Patrick and of course the nannies and their little ones…truly special place, the Farm.

5 --Deb May 4, 2009 at 6:17 pm

You’re very welcome! I was just glad to be there–because, well, it was FUN!

(And, what? No picture of the check I made you?) (sniffle)

Happy birthday again!!

6 Zaneta May 4, 2009 at 6:38 pm

how wonderful!!! This post gave me goosebumps! I’m so glad you had a wonderful birthday! :D

7 Susan aka reddirt May 4, 2009 at 7:52 pm

It was so much fun to put together. I could imagine all these folks of various ages and situations giggling like schoolgirls in front of their monitors as we schemed and connived! I’m just glad I got to be a part of it it was ever so neat. You and Patrick and the boys and Erin and Linda and all the other nannies and ewes and babies have given us each other…and that is the best gift of all

8 Lauria May 5, 2009 at 12:36 am

And we are so lucky to know YOU!

9 Rona Thau May 5, 2009 at 2:27 am

incredibly awesome
wow
truly
wow

lotsa love,
rona

10 Shelley Noble May 5, 2009 at 10:12 am

That is so wonderful of them! You must be very gratified to inspire that much caring and devotion in the world.

11 Sara May 5, 2009 at 3:26 pm

*mwah* You so deserved this Susie!!!